to your Favourites...
This classic dish is very versatile and it can be stuffed with a wide range of ingredients.
- 3 tomatoes (approximately 90g each)
- 110g fresh breadcrumbs
- 20g garlic (3 cloves)
- 15g parsley
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grated cheese (ideally parmesan)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190°c.
- Cut the top off each tomato and, using a teaspoon, scoop out all of the seeds to leave the tomato hollow. Peel and finely chop the garlic and parsley.
- Put the bread into a food processor and blend it for about 30 seconds until it is a fine crumb. Then add the garlic and parsley to the breadcrumbs, season it with salt & pepper and blend it for a further 10 seconds to mix them together.
- Season the inside of the tomatoes with salt & pepper and then spoon in the stuffing, making sure not to compress it too tightly.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil onto the stuffing of each tomato, then sprinkle on the cheese and place them into a lightly oiled roasting tin.
- Put them into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and serve.
- You can stuff the tomatoes with anything you like, such as bacon and mushroom or olives, anchovies, basil and mozzarella.