to your Favourites...
A delicious and very easy method of cooking root vegetables that goes exceedingly well with roast meat.
- 200g carrots (3)
- 300g parsnip (2)
- 120g shallots (3)
- 40g garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Peel the carrots, parsnips and shallots. Either chop them into bite-sized pieces or, as we did it, cut them into larger portions. Leave the garlic whole with its skin on.
- Place the vegetables into a roasting dish, pour over the oil and honey, add the thyme and season it all with salt & pepper. Then mix it all together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Put the dish into the oven and cook the vegetables for 40 minutes, turning them over half-way through.
- Remove the dish from the oven, transfer the roasted vegetables into a serving dish and serve.
- The garlic is kept in its skin to prevent it burning. The clove inside steams itself, resulting in a sweet, delicious and meltingly soft clove of garlic.
- Any root vegetable can be cooked in this way, providing they are all chopped to a similar size.