to your Favourites...
A simple and flavoursome dish that goes very well with fish but can be paired with any other meat dish.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Chop off the dark green leaves at the top and remove the root from the bottom of the leek. Then remove the outer most layer of the leek.
- Cut the leek into roughly 7cm lengths.
- In a pan, heat the stock and the butter. When the butter has melted add the leeks and season with salt & pepper.
- Simmer the leeks gently for 25 minutes.
- Remove the leeks from the stock and serve two pieces per person.
- The stock can be reused after braising the leeks, it will have a pronounced leeky flavour that works very well in soups.