to your Favourites...
This is our take on a couscous salad. The combination of ingredients produces an interesting mouthful with contrasting and complimentary flavours working together to produce a very delicious dish that is very simple to make. This salad works extremely well with spicy dishes and all manner of BBQ food.
- 120g dry couscous
- 150ml boiling water
- 15g spring onions (1)
- 75g cucumber
- 50g red pepper (½)
- 7g parsley
- 25g pitted green olives
- 25g pitted black olives
- 50ml French dressing
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: n/a
- Weigh the dry couscous into a large bowl, then pour in the boiling water and allow it to absorb while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the root from the spring onions, remove the seeds and pith from the red pepper, remove any stones from the olives. Then finely slice the spring onions, dice the cucumber, red pepper and olives and finely chop the parsley.
- Using a fork, break up the couscous to separate the grains, making sure not to leave any clumps.
- Put all of the ingredients into the bowl with the couscous, season with salt & pepper and mix it all together until everything is evenly distributed.
- Ideally, put the bowl into the fridge for an hour before you need it.
- You can put any vegetables you like into this salad, whether they are cooked or raw.