to your Favourites...
A simple courgette dish that transforms the humble courgette into an interesting and flavoursome vegetable accompaniment.
- 1 courgette (approximately 200g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 - 2 minutes
- Cut the courgette lengthways into ½cm thick slices and then cut each slice into ½cm diameter strands (alternatively, use a specialist peeler or a mandolin).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the courgette over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes until it is soft and only just beginning to turn light brown.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve immediately.
- This can be done with any vegetable that will hold the shape without breaking, such as carrots or parsnips (although these will need blanching first).