to your Favourites...
A deliciously rich purée with a nutty and buttery flavour, this goes very well with pan fried scallops and other fish dishes.
- 450g cauliflower
- 200ml milk
- 300ml water
- 15g unsalted butter
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Cut the cauliflower into florets (roughly 3cm pieces).
- Put the cauliflower, milk and water into a saucepan over a medium heat, bring it up to the boil, then turn down the heat to low and simmer the cauliflower for 25 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, drain off and discard the liquid.
- Put the butter into a frying pan over a medium heat and when the butter has stopped fizzing, put in the cauliflower.
- Fry the cauliflower for about 7 minutes, until it has started to turn brown.
- Tip the cauliflower and any butter that is left in the pan into a food processor and blend it until it has formed a smooth purée, then season it with salt & pepper.
- The milk used when boiling the cauliflower not only provides some flavour to the dish but it also helps to prevent it discolouring and keep the cauliflower white.