to your Favourites...
This is a ridiculously easy method for making plain old boiled carrots more exciting.
- 180g carrots (3)
- 15g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Peel the carrots and chop them into your preferred shape (we chose batons).
- Put the carrots into a pan and pour on enough boiling water to completely cover them.
- Bring the water up to the boil, season the water with salt and boil the carrots for 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Drain off the water, return the pan to the heat and put in the butter and sugar.
- Stir or toss the carrots until the sugar has dissolved in the melted butter.
- The sugar complements the natural sweetness of the carrots without making them taste obviously sugary and the butter gives them a wonderful, glossy shine.
- They are also known as Vichy carrots and can be a nice alternative to just plain boiled carrots.