to your Favourites...
A simple dish that relies heavily on the quality of the raw ingredients and a light touch by the chef.
- 15 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Hold the asparagus at either end and snap it where it naturally breaks, discard the root end.
- Cover the asparagus with the olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a dry frying pan until it is very hot, then tip in the contents of the bowl and sauté the asparagus for 1 minute if they are very thin, 2 minutes if they are medium or 3 minutes if they are very thick. Keep them moving in the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, give it one last toss and serve immediately.
- The snapped off root end of the asparagus can be used to make the stock in asparagus soup.