to your Favourites...
This is a tangy, mayonaise-based sauce, usually served with fried fish and scampi (deep-fried, breaded prawns) but it also goes very well with thinly sliced cold beef.
- 5 level tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ½ level teaspoon of finely chopped shallot
- 3 level teaspoons of chopped capers
- 2 level teaspoons of finely chopped gherkin
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (+ 10 to make the mayonaise)
Cooking Time: N/A
Serves: 2 - 3
- Prepare the ingredients. The shallot needs to be very finely chopped because it has the strongest flavour of all the ingredients and biting into a large chunk can be quite... intense.
- Stir the shallot, capers, gherkins and lemon juice into the mayonnaise.
- Use as required.
- Because the mayonnaise is made with unpasteurised, raw egg yolks, it should not be consumed by pregnant women, very young children or the elderly.