to your Favourites...
The definitive method for making mint sauce, the traditional accompaniment to lamb.
- 5g of fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (preferably malt vinegar)
Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A
Serves: 2 - 3
- Finely chop the mint leaves and put them into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the chopped mint.
- Pour over the boiling water, stir and allow it to infuse for 5 - 10 minutes (don’t let it infuse for any longer as it will become cloudy).
- Add the vinegar, stir and serve.
- Mint sauce is a traditional accompaniment to roast lamb. It works because the fresh taste and the sharpness of the sauce cuts through the fattiness of the lamb.