to your Favourites...
Possibly the easiest of potato dishes to cook, this can be eaten as a light meal on its own or as an accompaniment to another dish.
- 1 × 150g-250g floury potato per person
Preparation Time: 10 seconds
Cooking Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Serves: Depends on inital quantity
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- DO NOT MAKE ANY HOLES IN THE POTATO.
- Put the potato on a baking tray and place it in the oven.
- For a 50g potato, cook it for 30 minutes
For a 200g potato, cook it for 1 hour.
- When it is cooked, you can either serve the potato as it is or cut a cross into the top and squeeze the "corners" to fluff up the interior. You can serve it with, grated cheese, tuna chunks or whatever you like, we chose to serve it with just butter.
- It is often common practice to prick holes in the skin of the potato to allow the steam to escape and prevent the potato exploding. However, this allows the steam to escape which, in turn, allows the moisture to escape and makes the inside of the potato become dry. And, don't worry, they don't explode anyway.