to your Favourites...
This is a delicious and tangy recipe for an Eastern influenced pork rib marinade, perfect for roasting or the barbeque.
- 1kg pork Ribs
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of runny honey
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Thai seven spice
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- a few drops of Tabasco
- salt & pepper
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (+ marinade time)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Put all the ingredients (except for the ribs) into a bowl (large enough to hold the ribs) and mix together well.
- Put the ribs into the bowl and coat them all thoroughly with the mixture.
- Leave the ribs to marinade in the bowl, preferably over-night, in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 190°c.
- Place the ribs on a baking tray, making sure they are spaced apart, and put them into the oven for 40 minutes, turning them over once half way through cooking.
- Serve immediately.
- When marinading the ribs, to save space and to ensure an even covering of the mixture, place the ribs and marinade in a plastic bag and secure tightly.
- When they come out of the oven, the ribs may be slightly charred. This is fine and, in fact, adds to the flavour.