Cod with Chorizo
Cod with Chorizo
to your Favourites...
This wonderful combination of smoked Chorizo and fresh, flaky white cod is a great match for a summer lunch or dinner. This dish is really light and packed with great taste and of course simple to make.
- 500g cod fillet
- 110g chorizo
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 15g unsalted butter
- For the sauce
- 100g chorizo roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- Remove the scales and bones from the fillet of cod and wash it under cold running water, dry it well with kitchen paper.
- Using a very sharp flexible knife, remove the flesh from the skin leaving about 1cm attached running along the length of the fillet.
- Thinly slice the Chorizo into rounds and lay them on the skin next to the flesh and season with salt.
- Roll the flesh on top of the Chorizo and continue to roll it up tightly until you have a perfect round fillet. Secure the stuffed cod with string and set to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Cut the fish into portions and, in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, place the olive oil and unsalted butter. When the butter has stopped fizzing carefully place the fish into the pan and brown it all over for about 1 minute.
- Place the browned fish portions onto a baking tray and cook them in the oven for 6 minutes. When they are cooked, remove them from the oven and set them to one side to rest while you make the sauce.
- In a frying pan place the olive oil and chopped chorizo and gently fry it over a medium heat for 2 minutes, season with salt.
- Serve, we served it with wilted baby leaf spinach seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- This recipe works well with most non-oily fish like Haddock or Halibut.
- If you don't like the idea of stuffing the fish with the chorizo, then simply cook the fish as you normally would and serve it with the sauce!