to your Favourites...
These flapjacks are moist with a delightfully chewy texture that doesn’t break your teeth (like some flapjacks we’ve had). The soft muscovado sugar really adds richness and a depth of flavour that complements that classic oaty taste.
- 250g rolled oats
- 230g golden syrup
- 20g honey
- 250g soft unsalted butter
- 140g plain flour
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 5g salt
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12 – 24 flapjacks
- Heat a conventional oven (not fan assisted) to 170°c.
- Weigh out all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl (the butter needs to be at room temperature).
- Stir them together until they are thoroughly mixed without any lumps.
- Line a roasting tin or baking tray with greaseproof paper and then tip in the flapjack mix and smooth it down (it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth because the mixture will melt a bit in the oven).
- Put the tin into the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the flapjack.
- When it is cool enough to handle, cut it into portions and serve.
Can it be frozen? Yes, for up to 1 month.
Can it be prepared in advance? Yes, they can be finished up to 1 week in advance.
Will leftovers be nice? Yes, for up to 1 week (if kept in an airtight container).